Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCertHE)
Middlesex University Dubai is pleased to offer higher education professionals the opportunity to gain an internationally recognised teaching qualification via its Higher Education. Increasingly universities are requiring their teaching staff to have formal teaching qualifications in addition to their academic qualifications.
|Part-time Duration:||1 year|
|Tuition Fees (Total):||AED 30,000|
|Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
The Middlesex PGCHE is a UK teaching qualification specifically designed for those working in higher education. The UK Higher Education Authority (HEA) Professional Standards Framework (PSF) has been embedded into the programme design, and those who complete the programme are able to become Fellows of the HEA.
Throughout the Higher Education programme from Middlesex University Dubai, you will be provided with opportunities to consider, along with your peers, the efficacy of different approaches to supporting students’ learning, assessment practices, course design and the links between teaching and research. Additionally, the programme will enable you to engage in debates about current and relevant issues in higher education practice while critically reflecting upon your own practices.
- The course is designed to enhance your existing teaching through reflective pedagogy
- Following the completion of the PGCert HE, students will earn 60 credits at Masters level and eligible to progress onto the MA Higher Education Programme
- The UK Higher Education Authority (HEA) Professional Standards Framework (PSF) has been embedded into the programme design, and those who complete the programme are able to become Fellows of the HEA.
- Pedagogy in Higher Education
- Psychology of Learning in Higher Education
- Pedagogy and Practice in Higher Education
- Philosophy and Policy of Higher Education
“I studied BA Honours International Tourism Management at Middlesex University Dubai. The application process was made easy by the University’s friendly Admissions Department, who responded to my application immediately and coached me throughout the process. As a Nigerian student, I chose to study in Dubai because it is a city filled with incredible opportunities, and at the University I have had the chance to meet people from many different countries. As well as making friends from around the world, my lecturers have always been friendly and supportive. Before joining the BA programme, I studied the International Foundation Programme (IFP) at Middlesex University Dubai which prepared me for Undergraduate study.”
Fatimah Sadiq Sani, BA Honours International Tourism Management (Class of 2020)