BSc Honours Information Technology
The Information Technology (Hons) programme from Middlesex University Dubai is structured in ways that map explicitly on to modern technology, and includes systems design, application development, network design and management, and web application development.
|Full-time Duration:||3 years|
|Starting in:||January, September|
|Tuition Fees (Total):||AED 167,100|
|Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Why Study BSc Honours Information Technology?
An Information Technology (Hons) programme from Middlesex University Dubai is a basis for a wide range of exciting IT based careers including network management, systems design engineering, software development and web application development. Students will be taught by experts in the field in a high-tech lab and have access to specialist equipment. The specialist features of the programme are:
- Students develop a core set of transferable technical skills as well as a strong background in professional ethics.
- Practical hands-on work in modern labs will be used to illustrate the application of theory and concepts.
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects, and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final year project.
- Students have an edge as the University works with companies such as Microsoft, Dell EMC, IBM, Oracle and SAP in addition to being Cisco Net Academy – meaning the student will have access to the latest equipment, and can make use of specialist teaching materials and workshops.
- Programme content is enriched by providing industry engagement opportunities to students through industry speakers and field trips.
- Career coaching and support is available to all students through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.*
*Subject to prevailing UK visa regulations
- Information in Organisations
- Emerging Technologies in Practice
- Computing Systems Architecture and Operating Systems
- Web Applications and Databases
- Project Management and Professional Practice
- Data Management and Business Intelligence
“I studied BA Honours International Tourism Management at Middlesex University Dubai. The application process was made easy by the University’s friendly Admissions Department, who responded to my application immediately and coached me throughout the process. As a Nigerian student, I chose to study in Dubai because it is a city filled with incredible opportunities, and at the University I have had the chance to meet people from many different countries. As well as making friends from around the world, my lecturers have always been friendly and supportive. Before joining the BA programme, I studied the International Foundation Programme (IFP) at Middlesex University Dubai which prepared me for Undergraduate study.”
Fatimah Sadiq Sani, BA Honours International Tourism Management (Class of 2020)
Future Careers and Employability
The degree prepares students for a wide range of varied careers. Graduates will have excellent career prospects and the range of potential employers will be vast across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. There is also the potential to be self-employed. Careers include key roles in the IT support sector, in the wider area of IT project development and where web, database and multimedia skills are required.
Links with the employment market is established through visiting speakers from relevant sections of the industry. The industry partners offer internships, deliver visiting lectures, assist with field trips and recruit at the University’s Careers Day each year.