MSc Network Management and Cloud Computing
This Network Management and Cloud Computing course from Middlesex University Dubai will give students an in-depth understanding of network management, providing them with a systematic understanding of the concepts and standards for network management, network management protocols and network management tools.
|1 year full time
2 years part time
|Tuition Fees (Total):
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Network Management and Cloud Computing course from Middlesex University Dubai looks at virtualisation and cloud computing, exploring and understanding modern data centres, virtualisation, distributed storage, MapReduce, NoSQL, platform services, web services and caching. Students will study online security risks, the steps needed to ensure that data is transmitted and stored securely and measures that can be taken not only to prevent breaches but to minimise damage if they do occur.
Why Study MSc Network Management and Cloud Computing?
The Network Management and Cloud Computing course from Middlesex University Dubai will provide you with:
- An awareness and understanding of the increasing values that information management provides to the business objectives of all organisations
- The ability to involve both the management and the user in the process of awareness, decision and implementation of a computer network.
- The ability to prepare a project budget and implementation strategy appropriate for the management of a major IT project.
- The ability to evaluate the technical organisational and economic aspects of developments as new opportunities for business process redesign and/or expansion.
- The ability to make a functional and technical design of an information system based on project goals and company’s standards and quality systems.
- The ability to evaluate the performance of a communication system using analytical and/or simulation tools and manage the implementation of a complete communication design project.
- Operating Systems and Application Environments
- Individual PG Project
- Network Security and Mechanisms
- Enterprise Network Troubleshooting
- Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- Network Management
- Computer Networks and Internetworking
“I studied BA Honours International Tourism Management at Middlesex University Dubai. The application process was made easy by the University’s friendly Admissions Department, who responded to my application immediately and coached me throughout the process. As a Nigerian student, I chose to study in Dubai because it is a city filled with incredible opportunities, and at the University I have had the chance to meet people from many different countries. As well as making friends from around the world, my lecturers have always been friendly and supportive. Before joining the BA programme, I studied the International Foundation Programme (IFP) at Middlesex University Dubai which prepared me for Undergraduate study.”
Fatimah Sadiq Sani, BA Honours International Tourism Management (Class of 2020)
Future Careers and Employability
The large sums invested in computer networks and services have created a global market for graduates with network skills and on completion of this course you will have excellent career prospects within this ﬁeld. Opportunities range from the design and management of local area networks (LANs) to global wide area networks (WANs).
This course will leave you rightly placed for a role as a network or information systems manager, engineer or administrator, either working for a company in-house or for a ﬁrm specialising in network management, dealing with several clients. But a wide range of other roles will also be open to you in the private, public and not-for-proﬁt sectors; or you could work freelance or move into project management, consultancy, academia or further research. You could even start your own business.